On 24 June 2020, the CSI organized its 3rd “Meta Meeting of Soy Initiatives” to engage global and regional soy related initiatives.
Based on the outcome of the discussions so far, 5 interrelated core actions for making scale and creating impact were identified. For each of these actions, presentations of what is already being done were shared to the group. A first discssion took place regarding: different perspectives on change, dilemmas or incompatibilities in those, and potential useful matching options.
The Accountablity Framework presented its aligned definitions, roadmap guidance and assessment tools:
The 5 interrelated core actions and the presentations:
1. Promote ambitious, compatible sustainability targets by users to create scale for conversion free sustainable soy
2. Based on these goals & targets create consistent (at least compatible) asks to traders and producers
3. Develop a shared narrative of these asks
4. Engage with traders and producers to create effective and constructive communication about asks
5. Create incentives for producers to meet requirements
- Presentation: the Amsterdam Declaration Partnership and engagement
- Presentation: ProTerra engagement activities and incentives for the producers
- Presentation: PCI and RTRS working on incentive for producers