Reach 100% deforestation, conversion free sustainable soy, on a global scale
The mission is three-fold, namely:
- Inform about the actions that are on-going;
- Facilitate the synergies between stakeholder initiatives and actions;
- Come-up with new actions that are not yet done, but needed and when relevant to (1) and (2) (Example: organising webinars, create information tools, …)
The long-term objective of the initiative is 100% conversion-free, sustainable soy production and market uptake, on a global scale. The short-term goals are to:
- Create a neutral, transparent, and inclusive space for implementation of the CSI mission;
- Implement practical common actions to facilitate systemic changes in and beyond the soy supply chain;
- Create a market pull for conversion-free, sustainable soy by engaging all influential and willing supply chain stakeholders;
- Work together on systemic changes beyond the soy supply chain.
Our added value
The initiative will provide added value to on-going initiatives and not duplicate efforts nor fund new initiatives. As the mission is stating, the Collaborative Soy Initiative will focus on communication and actions that foster synergies between stakeholders. All partners will benefit from these synergies in terms of outreach, cost reductions, transparency, joined lobby, etc.