On 24 June 2020, the CSI organized a first “Meta Meeting of Soy Initiatives” to engage global and regional soy related initiatives. The objective of this was first meeting was to explore common ground and to build up common understanding about shared topics.
This meeting was followed up by a second one on 8 September 2020, which went much more profound into already discussed topics during the first Meta Meeting, with the goal to align further on the solutions, hurdles, gaps, overlaps, and opportunities to collaborate.
The downloadables on this page:
(1) List of priority strategies and their hurdles as an outcome of the first meeting. This document was used as preparation for the secind Meta Meeting.
(2) Wrap up of the second Meta Meeting of Soy Initiatives
The agenda of this second Meta Meeting:
1. Define and align on the real and most impactful hurdles (roadblocks) for deforestation and conversion free (DCF) sustainable soy as defined in the first meta meeting of 24 June
2. Summarize the contributions of each initiative to overcoming these hurdles
3. Define commonalities & complementarities
4. Define the gaps and how these gaps could be further addressed by some of us, and others
5. Define tangible next steps